Tuesday 28 February 2012

back to perfect wedding shoes

There's been  a gap since my last blog post, because my own wedding day is getting closer and closer! We have found that the only way to get things done is to have a list broken down into jobs for every single evening and weekend. My big worries for this week are choosing a first dance, finding someone to teach us, and working out whether I'll be able to dance at all in my wedding dress!

It's so hard keeping the dress secret from my partner, I really want to show it to him because I'm so excited. My poor friends are having to put up with over-excited bride-to-be emails instead.

Spending time online looking for things to include in my blog is actually a good way to relax, so I shall carry on even if my own wedding plans are getting scarier by the minute. So this week, take a look at a few of my suggestions for wedding shoes. The styles are retro, or will go well with a vintage dress. The prices are reasonable (given the price of everything else wedding-related, that should be a welcome surprise!)

Pair 1 - I have little wide feet, and much as I love the pointiest of shoes, I don't want to hobble through the evening dance at my wedding. Hush Puppies makes really pretty, vintageinspired  high heels that are still comfortable hours after you put them on. This pair are almost TOO cute, but paired with a low-key (maybe 60s or 70s) dress they will give the whole outfit that special touch
Pair 2 - If you are taller than your man and want to steer clear of sky-scraping heels this pair could be just right for you. Also good for anyone who wants pretty feet but 'doesn't do heels'.


Pair 3 - I'm 4 foot 11, so for me a pair of high heels just gets me to average height. I prefer to wear wedges or platforms - they give you height with less wobble! These silver platforms are high without being clunky, and the style would actually look fine with anything vintage, from 30s to 70s and everything in between.


Pair 4 - I can't stand pink, but I'm happy to accept that other people love it. For a deco style dress - anything bias-cut and slinky, this pair of pale blush heels would really go very well. They're a nice mix of deco and modern styling, come in silver, and have a matching clutch.



Pair 5 - back to Hush Puppies, these medium heels look like the 1960s version of Victorian. The shiny white leather and little hearts detail make them ideal as a slightly quirky choice for bridal shoes.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment