Monday 24 October 2011

First Dance Decade?

I have to admit that watching ‘Strictly’ is one of my guilty secrets. The ‘first dance’ at your wedding is likely to be one of the only times you actually have to plan something, instead of making do with the drunken disco you usually get away with on a night club dance floor.

Although you might (I hope) want to give the orange tan, feather boas and neon colours a miss, you should think about the style of dance that would best suit you as a couple and the outfits you’ll be wearing on the day. Although I’d love to learn a Tango for my own wedding, my dress will cover up my legs and all those ‘kicks and flicks’ will be rendered invisible!

Going ‘retro’ for your dance might include learning a 40s Lindy Hop if you’re feeling energetic, a Charleston to fit your deco theme, or a classic Viennese Waltz if you are going for classic romance. Whatever you choose, practice hard and have lots of fun on the day – whatever you choose, it will be a dance to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment